Unlike birthday and other private parties, corporate events are usually more formal. Also, if you are put in charge, you have a huge responsibility since the company image lies with you. There is no room for mistakes and hence you need to pay full attention to every detail so that the event runs smoothly. So to do a good job and also impress your boss, here are some simple steps you can follow to organize the perfect corporate event.
- Set a themeCorporate events are held for various reasons, be it launching a new product, make various business announcements or simply gather the employees for a fun filled get-together. You need to identify the purpose and nature of the events and set a theme accordingly. If it is the annual dinner party, get creative with the themes. Beach themes, costume parties, masquerade balls etc. are some of the most exciting themes. Just imagine your top managers turning up in a pirate costume? It would be great fun.
- Set a budgetThis is vital as you are not spending your own money. Set a budget in a way that fulfills all requirements but stays within an affordable range. No matter how well you organize, your boss might not be that happy to spend too much. List down all necessary costs; from function venues to décor to food and stick to the mentioned costs. Go over budget only if necessary. Check out more here http://salottobar.com/functions/.
- Location selectionThe location is extremely important as it is a yardstick to measure the quality of your event. You cannot hold a formal dinner at a junk food store. You’d rather have it at Italian restaurants. So, keep in mind the purpose of the event and the type of guests you will involve. High end business people would only like to attend parties at five star hotels, not just cafes.
- Meet the vendorsNext you need to visit each shortlisted location and choose the best that matches your theme. Also, purchase decorations and finalize the menu with the caterers. Organize fun games and activities if it is an informal function.
- Guest list and invitationsPrepare your guest list and ensure you invite media personnel so that you could send the word out. After all, you’d want it to appear on the front page of the newspaper next day. Take approval for the list from your boss before you send out any invitations. The invitation should be designed in an eye-catching way so that you set a good first impression on your guests. Your party will be the talk of town.